[thelist] Someone wants to advertise on my site (slightly OT)

Evolt evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Jan 11 18:29:32 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:26 -0700, Daniel & Anna Medley wrote:
> I got an e-mail from someone who has expressed interest in placing ads on my
> site. They have a couple of different options; one is to place small text
> links throughout my site and they would pay $20 a month per link.

Careful with this, I've seen email going through very recently asking
for advertising space on web sites that aren't well known at all. A red
flag went up when one came through asking to advertise on a single page
of a Word Press blog I keep; the URI is formatted with no extension
like: /blogx/2005/01/14/a-day-in-the-park - which is just one page of
over 500.

IOW, something is up out there and there's some sniffing for some holes
going on using this method of gaining access to your domain name or
something.

cheers,

	Mark