[thelist] ASP.net and IE 5.5 - issues

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Jan 15 02:33:36 CST 2006

Sue,

We have no idea how your copy of IE is configured.
We have no idea what your code does, or how you wrote it
We have no information from you about what is being sent by the server, or
what is being returned by the client (i.e. a packet capture)

Given that we know that IE 5.5 is quite capable of receiving and returning a
cookie in a default configuration there must be something about the way you
have things setup that is causing the issue. Whether it's a bug, or it's
something else, it's pretty much impossible to say because we have no
relevant information in front of us.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of
Subs at firstlineinteractive
Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2006 6:03 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP.net and IE 5.5 - issues

Sadly I can't give the link, there's masses of code!  But the key is the
page checks for a cart id in the cookie, if there's none there it
basically assumes no shopping --- so I'm guessing IE 5.5 isn't doing the
cookie bit. If Visual Studio would let me debug using 5.5 it would help
but it insists on firing up IE 6.0 instead.  I'm sure it's the fact that
IE 5.5 isn't actually setting the cookie, now whether that's because I'm
running multiple IE's now and there's a problem there, and the changes
I've made to the browser would only work on a single install I don't
know, but I kinda hoped some new about some bug like that with IE 5.5

Sue.