[thelist] absalom font

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 04:25:15 CST 2006

Felix Miata wrote:

> Verdana, Arial & TNR are SO boring and/or ugly. Why not not specify
> families at all, at least for main content, so that your visitors get to
> see what they prefer? That's the ultimate safe choice, and the
> friendliest.

Interesting idea. Perhaps we should apply the same principle to all
these boring 2- and 3-column layouts. Let's just apply a consistent set
of ID and class attributes to otherwise unstyled markup, and let the
user apply their own stylesheet to every site we build...

No more CSS = no more arguing over liquid vs fixed designs - no more
accessibility issues... Web design will be fun again, and we can all go
to the beach instead. Hurrah!

No, but wait... What's that you're saying? CSS works like that anyway?
If someone wanted to see their own font instead of mine, they can do
this whether or not I specify a style sheet?

Aw nuts. Back to work, then.

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net