[thelist] [MySQL] Update Collation on All Tables

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jan 17 13:20:54 CST 2006

It's tedious to manually update each table's collation.  Can someone
point me to info describing how to update the collations of all columns
in all tables across an entire db?  I have a some latin1_swedish_ci
tables and utf8 tables mixed with mostly latin1_general_ci.  After
experiencing an "ILLEGAL MIX OF COLLATIONS" error, I want to standardize
collations across all tables.  Changing the collation for the db does
not affect the child tables, nor does doing th same for a table affect
the columns...arrgh.  So, I have to update every column, table and the
db itself to the same collation individually.  Suggestions?

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/