[thelist] Dot Net / Browser Rendering Capacity Question

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:13:34 CST 2006

> Question:
> Am I likely to run into the same problems trying to build 'detail
> level' reports in dot net? ... or is there some 'simple magic'
> in dot net that I can invoke without too much trouble to get
> this kind of thing [big table displays] to work.

imho, it is a browser-specific issue. So the back-end technology would
not matter that much.

> Not looking so much for the details behind the magic at this
> point ... just looking to see if anyone has done this kind
> of thing in dot net or if this is likely to be a dead end.

Besides, dot net is not a magic wand imho.
May I ask a question just out of curiosity:
Why don't you use pagination in your data.
This way you can split your table into as much pages as you lik.

HTH,
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/