[thelist] Should you design and test for unsupported browsers?

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:20:16 CST 2006

> In fact, IE Mac users make up >2% of our total web statistics, or about
> 5,000 people a week. Since MS isn't supporting it any longer, should we
> as developers continue to test and design for a lost cause?

5,000 people a week is still a large amount of people, If you code to
standards then there aren't a great deal of things that go horribly
wrong in IE 5 mac - unless your doing bleeding edge CSS, most of the
problems are with floats requiring widths, or IE pc fixes not being
hidden form the mac.

I still test in IE 5 pc as well - i think that is unsupported by MS (i
could be wrong).

Ben