[thelist] Should you design and test for unsupported browsers?

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Fri Jan 20 10:47:35 CST 2006

>I don't think I'd let Microsoft's dropping of support be a
>determining factor in whether you support Mac IE or not. 2%
>of your customer base seems like it would add up to significant
>revenue worth supporting in my book.

Only 5% of our revenue comes from our website. I did the math on the
estimated revenue of our Mac/IE browsers and it basically comes out to
the base salary of one sales person. It's enough to be concerned about
in a growing company, but not for one who's been around the block for
30-50 years. Maybe I just need to walk over to my graphic designer and
ask for a simpler design.

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com