[thelist] dot net - copy project question

mahalie.23227778 at bloglines.com mahalie.23227778 at bloglines.com
Sat Jan 21 01:10:07 CST 2006

<snip>
> Actually copying a web project is not a very though process.
>

> 1. Make sure that you have FrontPage Server Extensions properly
> installed
on the server you want to copy your project to.

> 2. From visual studio
.net IDE choose
> -> copy project
> -> destination project folder: http://www.example.com/
(where you want
> to copy the proj)
> -> web access method FrontPage

-> copy only files needed to run this application.

> 3. Click OK. Enter
your credentials.

> 4. Start staring at the progress bar (that's what
we developers do
> most of the time, isn't it :) )
</snip>

Thanks Volkan!!

But if I am only copying files needed to run then I doesn't it just publish
(copy) the .dlls?  I need the copy to be a complete working copy...that is,
I need an editable project file that, when built, is published in a different
directory.

Am I missing something here?