[thelist] windows xp pro caching websites?

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Sat Jan 21 21:47:22 CST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 16:17 -0800, chris wrote:

> browser caches have been emptied. I also see the old page when viewing
> from a browser that's never been used to view that website before.

If it's from the same location, iow, running off the same
address/router/ISP then your ISP caching is a probable culprit.

> If I check the same page from my Linux box I see the new page, no
> problem.

At the same location? Then it sounds more like a local 'puter problem.
Try flushing the DNS cache locally, found a page that explains it in
plainer english than the MSFT version:

http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/dnscache.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ipconfig.mspx

> After a reboot of Windows, I am able to view the new page.

Yup, the above will work for you then, good luck!

--
cheers,

        Mark