[thelist] .NET 2.0, Events and AJAX

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Mon Jan 23 08:30:16 CST 2006

All

I've just started using .NET (C#).

If I create a class in .NET I can create an event within that class. I
can subscribe to this event from another class. So, if the event in the
first class fires after an XML file has been updated, then I can ensure
that the second class is always synchronised by reading the data in the
XML file from within the event handler.

Assuming that I'm correct with the above, what I'm wondering is the
following:

In .NET 2.0 is there a way to update values in an HTML page via
Javascript (using AJAX techniques) using the event publisher/subscriber
model. A colleague has suggested that it should be possible. I cannot
understand how this *would* be possible - given the fact that AJAX or
not, we would still be using HTTP which requires a request from the
client to get a response from the server.

Does anyone have any comments?

Many thanks!

Chris Marsh
Web Developer
http://www.globet.com/
Tel: +44 20 8246 4804 Ext 828
Fax: +44 20 8246 4808

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.