[thelist] .NET 2.0, Events and AJAX

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Mon Jan 23 09:19:29 CST 2006

Volkan

Thanks for the response.

[..]

> To *physically* alter the HTML file (assuming that what you
> mention is good old html  not a server-side aspx page), you
> will need a write access to that file for the anonymouse web
> user account (which can rise some security issues, may be).
>
> Here is a simple scenario:

Apologies, I did not explain clearly enough. Perhaps an idea of the
evolution of the system would illustrate the requirements:

Stage 1 (1 year ago): ASP page with an automatic refresh every 60
seconds. This ensured that the data displayed on the page was never more
than 60 seconds out of date.

Stage 2 (3 months ago): ASPX page with no auto refresh. Using AJAX
techniques, the data was fetched from the XML file on the server every
15 seconds, and displayed on the page via the DOM. This ensured that the
data was never more than 15 seconds out of date without unsightly page
reloads.

Stage 3 (required): ASPX page with no auto refresh. When the XML file on
the server is modified (and only when), the data displayed within the
browser page should be updated via the DOM without the page refreshing.

[..]

Chris Marsh
Web Developer
http://www.globet.com/
Tel: +44 20 8246 4804 Ext 828
Fax: +44 20 8246 4808

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.