[thelist] unexplainable top margin in firefox, not in IE6 - very simple page.

mahalie.23227778 at bloglines.com mahalie.23227778 at bloglines.com
Wed Jan 25 19:24:30 CST 2006

Trevor,

Acutally Firefox is displaying correctly - the top padding you
see is due to your header image being encased in a paragraph.  Try removing
the <p></p> from around the image.

Furthermore, you may want to set padding:0;
in addition margin:0; for the body.

Mahalie

<snip>
> i have started
a page for my friend's company - and it looks all wrong in
> firefox compared
to IE6 (my two browsers).  So i stripped away all the extra
> stuff to try
and find the problem.  Now I am down to the BARE bones,   just
> simply
a  header (a .gif file) on the page, that's it.   Yet, it is still
> different
in FF than IE.   The problem is that firefox seems to INVENT a top
> margin???

> the page is temporarily set up at www.martianradio.com to show the problem

</snip>