[thelist] more tips (was RE: tip: use other search engines)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Jan 26 11:55:55 CST 2006

> In the mean time, aardvark, remind me not to do business with
> you or with
> anyone else who "confuse the bottom line with morality".

that's exactly the opposite of what he said

somehow it seems like there's a boatload of tips owed, starting from
wherever this thread wandered from anything to do with the web and into
the  (im)morality of international commerce

<tip author="spinhead" type="user testing">
As difficult as it is, when observing user testing don't speak to them.
If it's possible, observe from a location where you *can't* speak to
them, and where they can't hear your frustrated breathing ;) Let each
user complete all testing, gather the results, and only ask questions
about their actions/inactions after round one. If you influence the user
in any way, it's easy to pollute the test results.
</tip>