[thelist] Google release code analysis of a lot of web sites

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Thu Jan 26 12:27:01 CST 2006

On 26 Jan 2006 at 9:39, Joshua Olson wrote:
[...]
> "Note: You will need a browser with SVG and CSS support to view the result
> graphs correctly. We recommend Firefox 1.5."
>
> That's not entirely difficult to figure out.  :-)
[...]

so, i'm running Firefox 1.5, and i can see the SVG files if i paste
their path into the browser...

but i'll be darned like yarn if i can't get them to appear... there
are big empty gaps where they should appear, but no dice... the
images don't display inline...

when i followed the link from /. yesterday, i assumed it was
bandwidth problems, but no longer do i suspect that...

anyone else seeing this? or rather, not seeing it?

[...]
> "The button class baffles us. We can't really tell what what [sic] it is
> used for. "
>
> Any seasoned implementer of sites could tell you that the "button" class
> would be used to style inputs on IE, since IE doesn't support attribute
> selectors.  :-)

IE7... c'mon IE7... the potential to fix all these things, and still
wait umpteen years for everyone to get it...

mmmm....

attribute selectors...

over rice... with garlic...