[thelist] Browsers to Support

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Fri Feb 3 10:53:20 CST 2006

At 18:29 02/02/2006, John Dowdell wrote:

>How long is this webdev cycle expected to serve, and what types of
>browsers will likely be popular by the site's final days?
>
>(ie, checking against the actual audience needs might be stronger than
>checking across those developers who happen to be on mailing lists.)

   This site is on a continuous cycle. It's not a new site; we're looking
to define a list of browsers it is reasonable to support. This will be
checked against our own audience figures, of course - I'm looking to
establish a feeling for what developers in general feel is reasonable, as
well.

    Largely, this is to put a list on the website, so that customer support
can, when the need arises, say, "I'm sorry, we don't support the beta
version of Mosaic, but here's the list of browsers we do work with."

    Drew.