[thelist] Consuming .NET Webserve from ColdFusion

Barbara Ward bandward at rogers.com
Sat Feb 4 09:33:01 CST 2006

Hi,

Anyone have experience with consuming .NET Webservices from Coldfusion?

The webservice that was provided to me is a .NET file (.asmx extension).

The method they provided us with is:

Function GetCentralRole(ByVal ID As String) As DataSet

This function returns:  ID, Name, and Role

Here's my attempt at the Coldfusion code:

<cfinvoke
       webservice="http://152.141.134.51/LRMCentralWS/ws.asmx?wsdl"
       method="GetCentralRole"
       returnvariable="searchResults"
       ID = "es002975">
</cfinvoke>

I'm getting a Coldfusion error returned:
Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.
Basically that's just a generic error stating that something is wrong!  Who
knows what is the question.

I'm wondering if because it's returning a DATASET that I have to create a
structure to dump it into?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Barb

--