[thelist] Registering BAT files as services on Windows

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Wed Feb 8 10:02:30 CST 2006

I have an application (Oracle 9i, Oracle Forms, J2EE) that requires to
BAT files to be running in order for it all to work.

I want these files to run as a service when the computer is turned on.
However, if I try to set them up as Scheduled Tasks, I have to enter my
network username and password.

This would be OK, if the username and password didn't change every 60
days. I don't want there to be a situation where that information
expires, or we forget to update it. Obviously the application won't run
if that information is not up to date.

So, is there a way I can run these as services?

TIA.

Randal Rust
Covansys Corporation
Columbus, OH
Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email.