[thelist] [OT] semi-ot-- SAS resources?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Feb 8 10:44:49 CST 2006

Brian Cummiskey asked:

>>I'm looking for good tutorials on SAS programming.

Hi Brian,

I didn't look for any tutorial links ... but I did check and see
that at least three SAS books were available from Amazon.
(I used to have an SAS book.  A looooooooooong time ago.  The
product has been around forever.)

Local universities may offer classes as well.  (IIRC the university
I attended used to offer SAS programming information through the
'statistics' department, the folks doing statistical analysis
through the Sociology and Psychology departments used SPSS instead
cuz it was a tad easier to learn and use.)

Your local chapter of the American Statistical Association (ASA)
may also offer classes or resources on SAS.

HTH,

RonL.