[thelist] Tools for managing online newsletter and emails?

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Sun Feb 12 17:09:12 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 12:08 -0800, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> My church website needs to better communicate with our readership, since we have members all over
> the USA. What I want to do is collect e-mail addresses and be able to send out a bi-weekly or
> monthly newsletter. However I need to do this as painless and easy as possible since my time to
> manage this is limited at best. I'm sure that there has to be some decent tools our there for this
> (preferably free) to do this. My requirements are:
>
> 1. Collect e-mail and allow easy subscribe/unsubscribe for members
> 2. Blast out newsletter/messages at will, say every 2 weeks or a month
> 3. Does not have to be HTML - can be plain text.
> 4. Should hopefully be easy to integrate on the site

I've had good success selling PHP List to clients, they're happy with it
and it's easy on the server load when they do a blast. The admin area is
a bit too complicated for the average user, (web developers etc. won't
have a problem though), the trick is to keep the SU role yourself and
then go through the admin permissions area for the user/client and get
rid of the things they'll bork on you.

http://tincan.co.uk/?lid=294

--
cheers,