[thelist] Upload file with hyphen in name

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Feb 13 09:54:52 CST 2006

> a.  Yes, good advice.  Maybe I overstated... they have
> thousands of images
> with hyphens in the name already, and telling them they have
> to rename them
> all would mean loosing the client.

if it's just a technical issue (converting filenames on the directory
structure) there's a free tool (Windows only?) called Rename (yeah, they
coulda done better in the naming department, but it's FREE) that does
nice work

    http://www.1-4a.com/rename/

not mine; I'm just a happy user

of course, if it's all on *nix, it's easily scriptable as well

spinhead