[thelist] Municipal CMS Systems

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Tue Feb 14 10:14:44 CST 2006

> A city of 10,000 is asking me to develop their second generation web
> site and I am looking for anyone's experience with open
> source CMS tools
> to meet this need.  Like most of us, I do not have the time
> to look at
> every single CMS out there and fully test it to see what best
> fits, so I
> am looking to the Evolters for help.  What experiences do you
> have to share?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Norman

Norman-

I am the sole web developer/designer/etc. for a city of 175,000. I ended
up rolling my own solution, more out of ignorance of existing cms
solutions and our city's unique needs than anything else.

I'd be interested to hear more about your project, what you end up
using, ups and downs, etc. as you progress.

Do you have particular needs you're trying to meet? Will you be using
css and trying to meet the Section 508 standards?

Ron