[thelist] [OT] Stolen laptop + Rails tip

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 08:13:25 CST 2006

On 2/16/06, Ian Anderson wrote:
> My Dell laptop was stolen last night from my house, while we were
> upstairs getting the kids off to bed. The laptop has Windows 2000
> Professional, and the thing requires a password to login to Windows when
> it starts up. The hard disk is not encrypted.

This has been effectively answered so may I just offer the following
advice from now on for storing passwords - use Password safe (windows)
http://www.schneier.com/passsafe.html
http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

When ever I have a new password I enter it there, and store a backup
of the (already encrypted) file offsite.

--
Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty