[thelist] PDF's: To New Window or Not To New Window. This is thy Question

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Thu Feb 16 11:03:26 CST 2006

<snip>If the consensus is to open PDFs in new windows, I'm curious to
know if and how one might go about informing visually impaired users
that the
link they are about to click on will open a new window and that it is a
PDF document and not a web page?
</snip>

Title="This PDF will open in a new window. Please allow block ups on
this page."

And/or use the same jargon on the alt="" if the hyperlink is over an
image.

Rob

<tip type="Courtesy" author="Rob.Smith">
This is a weak tip, but one nonetheless. Don't call your sales persons'
customer without clearing it with the sales person first. I made that
mistake yesterday inquiring about a picture request for our website.
</tip>

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com