[thelist] Plagiarism

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 03:50:21 CST 2006

Hi all,

I have just found out that a some copy that I wrote for a site way back
in 1999 has been copied almost verbatim by another website. Now the
original copy has always displayed a copyright notice

"Copyright © xxxx CompanyX. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole
or in part of any of this medium without express _
<http://web.archive.org/web/20010603015839/http://www.charterflights.co.uk/perm.htm>_permission
of CompanyX is prohibited."

The page used to rank 1 on google but guess what it has just been pushed
down one by the site that copied the content!

My question is what steps can I take.

Name and shame?

Report them to google?

Get the lawyers in with a cease and desist?

Any advice from similar situations would be greatly appreciated.

Simon