[thelist] AJAX on Safari

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Fri Feb 17 13:44:39 CST 2006

Jan Brasna wrote:
>> > D'Oh, really 1.0.3? That's pretty ancient and has IMO no
>> > idea about XHR.
>>
>>How do you handle it when one of your audience members is using such a
>>browser?
>

> Graceful degradation. It's the same with pre-7.80 Operas, or with CSS
> support in NN4 or IE4.

That's the label; I'm curious about the implementation. Do you keep a
whitelist/blacklist/greylist scheme to first detect the browser then ask
it to do things? Or do you do a capabilities-test in your page, and then
alert the visitor somehow if their browser doesn't offer the support you
wish? I'm curious about the implementation and the audience experience,
thanks.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd