[thelist] Window Popup Problem

Bruso, John jbruso at SHERIDAN.EDU
Fri Feb 17 14:18:05 CST 2006

I don't understand what you mean by delete the target again?

The AllData link, for example, that is not the icon, has no
target=_blank. D

    -------------------------
John Bruso
IS Developer
Sheridan College
ph  307.674-6446-2608

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Christian Heilmann
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 12:41 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Window Popup Problem

> This kinda works:
> onclick="var f=document.logonForm;
> f.url.value='http://library.alldatapro.com'; f.target='_blank';
> f.submit();"
> But, if I pop up a window and then close it and then click on one of
the
> links that should not popup a window, it will.
>
> It's like some variable is being set but not destroyed when the child
> window is closed.

You then have to delete the target again of course. I think a much
better solution would be to flag the links that need to open in a new
window up with a class, loop through all links and apply an event
handler to those that should open a new window.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/