[thelist] Window Popup Problem

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at lycos.com
Fri Feb 17 16:04:45 CST 2006

> From: "Bruso, John" <jbruso at SHERIDAN.EDU>
> Target=_blank in the form tag would be great if I were to have every
> link that points to the form pop up in a new window.

You can use target=_self for those that don't.  (In your following example, I mean.  Not in the form element in your HTML markup).

> This kinda works:
> onclick="var f=document.logonForm;
> f.url.value='http://library.alldatapro.com'; f.target='_blank';
> f.submit();"
>
> But, if I pop up a window and then close it and then click on one of the
> links that should not popup a window, it will.
>
> It's like some variable is being set but not destroyed when the child
> window is closed.
>
> That make sense?

Perfect sense.  You have one form (document.logonForm), 'f' is just a reference to it.  f.target='_blank' is the same as document.logonForm.target='_blank'.  So the next time you do f=document.logonForm, f.target is already '_blank'.

- LK