[thelist] XML help for static site `Mocha Cafe`

S.F. Alim salim at vodatel.com
Sat Feb 18 03:24:37 CST 2006

Hi all,
beginner here, so be gentle.
I want to know how can i get infomation from xml file or Json. i have read
and did little practice for AJAX but afaik we can only work with PHP, ASP or
any other language and some database(s).

im just a html/css designer, and helping a friend to build a site for his
product (cafe). there are two ways i know to do this, dynamic and static. i
can work lil on php/mysql to get his product info dynamically or other way
is for each product in seperate html file. unfortunately he has very lil
budget, infact no money at all. so he just got some site which does not
support php/mysql [i doubt that -- i have to check that info], so im stuck
with static site only.

so yesterday only i thought of using AJAX method [either XML or JSON] to get
product infomation, but only way i know is throught php/mysql or even php
will do [i guess, i have to see that how to...]. my real question is
[strong]`how can i get infomation from XML or JSON`[strong] since i cant
write any php or i dont have any database?

thanks in advance

S. F. Alim.