[thelist] Plagiarism

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 09:17:42 CST 2006

Symeon Charalabides wrote:

> Google only cares about content, not where it originally came from. It's none of
> their business and that's what they'll tell you. You have to sort it out with the
> offending party.

I suppose an exception would be when the content has been copied with
the intent of garnering search engine traffic. This would violate
Google's guidelines, and reporting them to Google is a reasonable step
to take in that event. I imagine it would be hard to prove that this was
their intent, but it would also be kind of hard for them to prove
otherwise perhaps.

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net