[thelist] Issues with DOM-generated radio inputs

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:35:05 CST 2006

On 2/20/06, Lee Kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski at lycos.com> wrote:

> For a radio button to be checkable in IE, it needs to have a name.

I found a workaround for this by passing the ID of the element when I
click on it and then setting checked to true.

This only worked if:

1. I set the value of the checked attribute to false when I created the input
2. I looped through the inputs after they were attached to the parent
element to find the one with the value that matched what I clicked on

> if you do an alert of outerHTML, you'll find that name is absent.  This is a known problem with IE.

I did that this morning with a test page and saw the outerHTML output.
Thanks for that tip. You can look at the test page, with comments on
the code and solutions here:

http://ossrc.org/ajax/display.html

> A cross-browser solution is offered at http://tag-strategia.com/blog/archives/2006/02/ie-dom-bugs/.

I actually found that yesterday and took what it says into account
while I developed my solution.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications