[thelist] Dreamhost as domain registrar?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:06:08 CST 2006

On 2/20/06, M. Seyon <evoltlist at delime.com> wrote:

> Message from Chris Johnston (2/20/2006 01:10 PM)
>
> One of my first concerns with registering a domain through a hosting
> provider is whether you actually own the domain, or they do. Especially if
> the domain is registered "for free" when you sign up for one of their
> hosting plans.
>
> If the business relationship ever goes sour, or they go out of business,
> do
> you still own your domain and/or have access to it?

I have the same convern. So as a follow up question; who is the best and
cheapest (in that order) domain registrar. I realize that this question
keeps getting asked and I apologize for that. Aside from GoDaddy, whom I do
not trust, who else is out there. In addition, I also have two domain names
with Webnames.ca--one .ca and one .com--that I would like to transfer to
someplace cheaper. Paying $50.00/year is a little steap I think.

Is there a website anywhere that I can go and read reviews of different
registrars? I know there is one for hosting companies.

Thanks,

Chris

--
www.fuzzylizard.com