[thelist] Which design is Better?

April april at farstrider.org
Mon Feb 20 23:23:08 CST 2006

In general, I prefer usually the style of your replacement but in this
instance I think I prefer the original (of the two).  The first gives a
little better line for the eye to follow and quickly establishes what
the design/business is about.  It also gives the site a slightly more
local/country feel, as opposed to a slightly more corporation/cookie
cutter feel on the second.  Of course, the picture you chose would
influence that a lot.  I'm guessing the local feel is a desired trait,
but I really don't know about wineries and you might have been
specifically looking to modernize/streamline your look.  You might want
to pick the three points you want people to get on arriving, and try
deciding where to take the new design to make those points stand out...
IE. points might be 1. Wine 2. Web, graphic and photography services 3.
Personal Custom Service or 3. Professional Established Company.  Perhaps
you might toy with breaking Web, graphic and photography services out
into three individual points, too.      Your logo is doing a lot of
"talking" for not being a well-heard part of the page.