[thelist] XML-to-Flash

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:33:03 CST 2006

> I need to come up with a rolling Flash banner that is XML-powered.
> The data would be date sensitive, and the Flash would re-build itself
> every day. MySQL-to-XML is easy. . . anyone have a simple way to feed
> this XML into a Flash movie? Text only.

Why don't you read the XML with flash? It can do that quite easily.
Another option would be to generate the flash on the fly via ming [1]
(free but very limited), AFLAX [2] with XMLhttpRequest reading the XML
or JSON or the commercial Turbine [3].

[1] http://ming.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.aflax.org/
[3] http://www.blue-pac.com/products/aspturbine/default.htm

We use Turbine with Apache Cocoon on mcdonalds UK to generate both the
flash and the HTML version from the same XML.

HTH

Chris

--
Chris Heilmann