[thelist] apache sever problem

Stavba at aol.com Stavba at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 22:20:58 CST 2006

Sir: I  am a novice learning CSS and need a web server to test ie7. I have
Windows ME  with an aol dial-up network and no firewall. Following basic instru
ctions for a  localhost I have tried installing both Win32 Binary (MSI
Installer):  apache_2.0.55-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi [PGP] [MD5] and Win32 Binary (Self
extracting): apache_1.3.34-win32-x86-no_src.exe [PGP] [MD5] with no luck. The
installations both seemed successful but when I typed in the address
"_http://localhost/_ (http://localhost/) " in both IE6 and firefox the  browsers were
unable to connect. What could be my problem? Sincerely, _stavba at aol.com_
(mailto:stavba at aol.com)