[thelist] European Linux Dedicated Server Host

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Feb 23 08:00:53 CST 2006

I have one corporate site on a dedicated Linux server with
HostRocket.com. We have overall been happy with their support--that is
generally very good. It was actually better in some respects with shared
hosting--our working ours are 'middle of the night' in the US and the
shared hosting support guy who works the night shift is very good and
very fast.

Anyway, the downtime with our dedicated server has become a problem.
Reliable email is vital to the success of this corporation and so they
are ready to try another host.

We thought to try one closer to our time zone, which is GMT +2. This way
if there ARE problems that we see during our working day, we stand a
better change of getting fast support.

Can anyone recommend a reliable host offering dedicated Linux servers
somewhere in the general area of Europe? We don't need much really on
the server in terms of anything (CPU, disk space, transfer amount); what
we really need is good uptime.

Thanks,
Hershel