[thelist] Statistics: hits for home page only?

misterhaan misterhaan at track7.org
Thu Feb 23 20:38:47 CST 2006

I had a request to track number of hits to just the home page per
month.  I could get this from Analog 6.0 (already provided by the host)
or collect it myself easily enough . . . but it seems like a silly
request to me.  Looking at last month's statistics, the home page came
in as the 3rd most requested page, with somewhere around 10% of total
page hits.

My question then is, in the opinion of thelist, does it make sense to
track hits to the home page only?  Is anyone using this sort of data to
analyze something?