[thelist] Reporting Services - No Reports?

Sean German smgerman at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 20:17:08 CST 2006

> (I hope this is related issue for this group of people.) I'm
> sitting here publishing some reports created in Visual
> Studios' Business Intelligence > Report Server Project to my
> reporting server, but when I go to http://myserver/Reports
> nothing is there? But when I browser through
> http://myserver/reportserver all the published items are there.
> I thought they were one in the same, with the first "link"
> being a GUI version of the latter.

Rob,

Yeah, the report manager at http://myserver/Reports puts a nice GUI on the
directory listing you see from http://myserver/reportserver, but it also has
some administrative features, such as handling data sources and security.

One possible issue is any other web-based server applications that may be
trying to handle requests made to the report manager.  For example, the
default install of SharePoint wants to handle all web traffic.  To coexist
with report services, you'd need to tell SharePoint to lay off the report
services directories.  So check whatever else might be running on the web
server.

You can also check the report manager configuration.  Settings are in
RSWebApplication.config which should be in the \Reporting
Services\ReportManager folder.

HTH,

Sean G.