[thelist] The Site's up -- What do you think?

mail at kentrygiel.com mail at kentrygiel.com
Tue Feb 28 12:36:05 CST 2006

Hi Rachel,

I like the site very much. You did a great job and it has been a pleasure
to watch the designs evolve (I'm glad that you got rid of the purple
background). Less is more, clean is better, yada yada. Anyways, my two
cents this time around is that you might consider moving the "Winery
Website Reports" link or at least driving that link to a pop-up window. My
eye is drawn to that link first, and when I clicked on it and ended up on
a new site, I lost my bearings. I think it must break some sort of
usability principles for the primary entery link on a site to drive away
from the site. Secondly, I'd love to see you soften the white by replacing
it with a warmer off-white so as it enhance the earthy organic theme. But
that is me being picky. Lastly, I too was a big fan of the architectural
vineyard pic.

Nice job,
Kent