[thelist] JavaScript - possible to dynamically change the TITLE tag?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 20:54:38 CST 2006

Hi there,

Since my blog runs in wordpress, the only way I have to manipulate the TITLE for the whole site is
in one file, and its the same on every page. This kind of blows for the search engines, it's best
to have unique titles.

>From what I can tell on the net, document.title = "foo" should change the title - but I cannot get
it to work. I've tried various versions, but currently have this:

function adjustTitle()
{
  document.title = "Cross and Throne - Bible Study and Exposition - Audio Messages";
}
window.onload = adjustTitle;

If I pop an alert, yeah the function loads. If I alert the .title, it gives me the correct string.
But it will not let me change it. Can this be done?

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

Professor Rumford: 'But I still don't understand about hyperspace.'
The Doctor: 'Well, who does?'
K9: 'I do.'
Doctor: 'Shut up, K9!'