[thelist] Telecommuting or Remote Web Development?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Mar 3 15:38:12 CST 2006

Sounds like what I've seen as well.

By the way, what's "around here"?  I wouldn't mind finding more ads like that. :)

 From: April april at farstrider.org

Around here, a common job ad for a contractor goes "must be in office
for initial meeting and 1 to 2 days per week". They're fine with some
or all of the work being from home, but want to meet in person initially.

Very few advertise a salaried position as full telecommute for web
design. Working from home 2 or 3 days a week is a common perk, though.
There's a few for more menial tasks like data entry, that also have
really easily measurable deliverables for each day (20 articles a day,
500 forms a day, etc.). I do know a number of people (web designers and
non) who telecommute either part or full time, but it's usually after
working somewhere for a while in office, then something coming up that
makes telecommute more convenient for one or the other party... and
everyone agreeing to the idea.