[thelist] Frontpage and Sharepoint (was Re: Help: JS error - Objectexpected...)

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Tue Mar 7 17:43:46 CST 2006

Brooking, John wrote:

> I have been told that the next version of Frontpage is going to
> be called something like "Sharepoint Editor", reflecting its new
> role within the Microsoft world. (But I also wonder why not VS.Net!
> Maybe they figure their Sharepoint power-user audience is closer
> to the FrontPage audience than the VS audience.)

FrontPage is part of the Microsoft Office family (sort of) and VS.Net is
the next generation of the old VisualStudio 6.0 which is resting
peacefully in its grave.

SharePoint is technically Office-related... or so the documentation
would say.  Thus... FrontPage is tied in with SharePoint (which, IIRC,
uses FrontPage extensions).

----
I made magic once.  Now, the sofa is gone.
www.dwacon.com