[thelist] Breaking away from "Standard" Fonts

Collin Davis collin at strombergarchitectural.com
Fri Mar 10 11:16:50 CST 2006

> I just thought of another incidence where books got bad because of
> business or design decisions.
> Now, if you want a new Harry Potter book you have
> to buy the hardcover which has the size of a 1 bedroom flat and weighs
> more than your laptop (and all those kilobytes of data should add
> something) or wait 6 months till you can buy the paperback. This is as
> annoying as a "you need MSIE and you have to read my 8px Times" web
> site. And yes, no ebook of that is available
> (http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=126)

Annoying to some people possibly - but a bad business/design decision?

"The number one selling book in the U.S. for 2005 was Harry Potter and the
Half-Blood Prince. The book sold 7.2 million copies throughout 2005 and its
first day's sales totaling 4.1 million outsold other books' yearly totals."

If I can expect those kinds of sales numbers from bad business decisions -
sign me up. ;)
Cheers