[thelist] implementing a folksonomy in a cms

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Mar 13 13:36:02 CST 2006

> Does anyone have any suggestions of other strategies I
> can try, or
> of ways I can make the folksonomy feature as popular as it
> needs to be
> in order to be useful?

Get management buy-in so nobody throws political roadblocks in the way
at the last minute.

Make it simple. Simple. Simple.

Allow as much freedom and flexibility as possible, to satisfy the power
users, while providing enough structure for the light/lazy users.

Okay, #2 refers to the front end; implementing #3 means you can't get
away with a very simple back end.

spinhead