[thelist] RegEx book/tutorial

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:48:07 CST 2006

> I've just started to use RegEx and don't really understand it but can
> tweak simple patterns for my basic needs. Does anyone know any good
> books or tutorials that will help me as it seems to be very powerfull.

This is the cat's pj's still: http://www.evolt.org/article/rating/20/22700/

And spending the money on O'Reillys pocketbook is not a wrong move:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regexppr/index.html

I have yet to start the regex chapter of my book and I dread the task,
it is such a geeky thing and yet so powerful. One tip: Don't get too
hung up on the JavaScript implementation of them, use PHP for your
tests.

There is also a cool standalone app to mess around with RegEx and get
immediate feedback:
http://www.weitz.de/regex-coach/

--
Chris Heilmann