[thelist] RegEx book/tutorial

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Mar 14 07:23:52 CST 2006

Ben,

You'll likely get a lot of suggestions on books and websites, so I offer
something different... I suggest that you find a very good tool that will
assist you in testing regex patterns with ease.  Notice that I didn't say
"create regex patterns with ease"--I didn't say that because I think that
there's value in actually doing the construction yourself.  If you are on a
Windows platform, there is a good regex tool [0] used to be packaged with
ISAPI Rewrite that can now be downloaded separately.

If you are on *nix, then you may have to hunt around a bit because I don't
know of any offhand.

[0] http://www.helicontech.com/download/rxtest.zip

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/