[thelist] ColdFusion--"Too few parameters!"

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Mar 16 22:28:52 CST 2006

Nope, if you look at the error carefully you may notice that it's the Access
Driver that is throwing the error, not Cold Fusion.  That means that the
page compiled and executed, but the SQL is incorrect.  Take a look at your
debugging output to see the query it is attempting to execute.  If you don't
have access to the debugging output, you can see the sql by making the
following transformation to your code:

<cfquery ...>
  SELECT *
  FROM .. blah
</cfquery>

Becomes:

<!--- <cfquery ...> --->
<cfoutput><pre>
  SELECT *
  FROM .. Blah
</pre<</cfoutput>
<!--- </cfquery> --->
<cfabort>

Basically, comment out the cfquery tags, and then add cfoutput's and pre
tags.  Follow with a cfabort.  View the page and you'll see the query that
was executed.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/