[thelist] Breaking away from "Standard" Fonts

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Fri Mar 17 08:51:43 CST 2006

> #content p shouldn't
> be where you want to place your branding.

Actually... I think that's exactly where you'd want to place your branding.

I'm not saying you should develop a script that blocks someone from
overriding your font choice if they really want to or have a need to, but I
don't think it'll be a bad thing when web developers get to stretch out a
bit more with font choices.

Clients and customers do like pretty stuff, and it affects whether they come
back. Design and branding is important and does impact how the end user
perceives a company.

That being said, I tend to stick to the standard fonts because I know how
they'll show up (in terms of size, etc) in most environments. I'd rather
have something close to the proper font for a site than the proper font that
doesn't display/degrade in a controlled manner.

--
Andrew Kamm