[thelist] math help...

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Mar 17 14:05:45 CST 2006

I don't know what exactly "verbalization" is in this case, but it wouldn't be hard to hash the code and *then* add the prefix...

 From: Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) wrote:

> What if you just create a "code pool" table with 35,000 combinations, and generate a random number to pick one? When you pick it, remove it from the table. No duplicates, and no noticeable sequential order.

Well, there's already 35k in the table, so that won't work. :D I
understand what you're saying.
The problem is that this spans at least 100 jobs (all have a different
3-letter prefix) so, there would be a bunch of tables of data thats
really not necessary.

> Of course you could just do the codes sequentially, but store the *hash* of the code... give 'em the hash and I would bet they wouldn't be able to guess the next one.

mmmmmm, hash browns :D is it time for lunch yet? Again, since these
sales reps do multiple jobs, the prefix is what they go by per job...
BPT, BST, or whatever the job is set up to give. I'm sure the hash
won't match that.

Of course, we can just add it on during verbalization... but thats a
whole other training process...