[thelist] Website Monitoring Software

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sun Mar 19 22:47:32 CST 2006

Stuart Young wrote:
> um, big brother?
> http://www.bb4.org/
> cheers
>
> On 18/03/06, Lotek <lotek at softhome.net> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know of any decent website monitoring software that I can run
>>on
>>my local windows machine?
 >>I'm looking for something free or low cost.

Big Brother has a $2500 starting point for a commercial license, plus
$100 per host monitored.  (It is free for non-commercial use though).  I
use WebSitePulse, who offer a free plan for a single site, and has
pricing according to the features you need.  Outage alerts are sent by
email and/or SMS.  I use it to monitor 3 servers with a modest 30 minute
interval for a whoppin' $6/month.  I'm not affiliated with WebsitePulse,
just a happy customer.
http://www.websitepulse.com/
--
Max Schwanekamp