[thelist] clear form code

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Mar 20 08:30:40 CST 2006

> personally used reset buttons on more than one occaision. Not
> often, but more
> than "once in a blue moon".

I can't remember the last time I designed a form that I thought needed a
'reset' button. Or the last time I filled out a form where I thought
'that really needs a reset button'

Celko may merely be stating opinion, but I too would like to hear input
on forms where the need to be able to clear it without other workarounds
outweighed the risk of giving users a 'destroy everything I just typed'
button. Not trying to be argumentative, honest I'm not; that's just my
perception of how the 'reset' button works.

spinhead